Monday, April 9, 2007

CC1 Week 6 (Sequencing)

For our Creative Computing assignment in week 6 we were to use ProTools and sequence our paper samples to create even more abstract sonds to what they were before. I had not created any paper samples so for this week I useed the sound recordings we created in Audio arts. (acoustic guitar recordings)

In this assignment we were given a very abstract soundscape in which we were to base the sound of our paper samples on. It was indeed a challenge. I decided to alter the volume and pan levels throughout the entire "piece". I found this enjoyable. I used the free-hand mode which allowed me to change the shape of the volume and pan lebels to exactly how I wanted it, as shown in the diagram below:


When it came to sequencing the five different guitar recordings I decided to put them in random order and then delete certain selections, hence making the playback very random. The result is shown in the diagram below:



CRAZY GUITAR SOUNDS

Overall, although I have missed out on a few important weeks, I am glad that I could get this week's assignment done. my confidence with Macintosh has strengthened greatly.


REFERENCES:
"Week 6 - Sequencing", Lectured by Christian Haines

https://www.myuni.adelaide.edu.au/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab=courses&url=/bin/common/course.pl?course_id=_172355_1&frame=top

2 comments:

Darren S said...

Your right, Ben. That is some crazy guitar. But I like the randomness ...

Darren S said...

you're I mean, zany mixing ...